Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lime Jell-o Salad

   Okay, its been a while since I posted a recipe.  My keyboard on my laptop was jammed.  For that story check out my other blog here.  But now I'm baack ... and so is the jell-o.  I know I've done a lot of these but it seems there are unlimited ways to make it.  No.  I am not going to devote the whole blog to only jell-o molds.  That being said my Mom did have 2 more that I found, and since I have taken a pledge to copy all her recipes here goes the next one.













Lime Jell-o Salad

Ingredients:

1 small (3oz) pkg lime jell-o
1 cup hot water
1 cup cottage cheese
1 mall can crushed pineapple
1 cup shredded  cheddar cheese
1 small container cool whip or whip 1 can (well chilled) condensed
             milk with juice of one lemon

Directions:
   Dissolve jell-o in hot water.  Place in refrigerator to cool and thicken slightly.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Pour into a mold and place back into the refrigerator to set.  Turn out mold onto serving dish and serve.







Did you know the first 4 flavors of Jell-o were orange, lemon, strawberry and raspberry.  Lime wasn't introduced until 1930.

For more trivia and to learn more about Jell-o check out this  link

No comments: